COURSE DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
– This is NOT an introductory course. Advanced fetal monitoring is a one-day course developed by AWHONN for the RN experienced in L/D.
The advanced course reviews maternal-fetal physiology, fetal dysrhythmias, complex case scenarios, antenatal surveillance tests, and documentation & risk management.
REQUIRED TEXT BOOK/MATERIAL
– Students will be provided a materials packet on the first day of class (cost for this material is $90). Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles & Practices 5th
Edition is also required. The book is available from Kendall-Hunt at 800-228-0810. (Please allow two to three weeks for delivery). Workshop #: 00A150772. Students are required
to review the
textbook prior to class, especially the arrhythmias and dysrhythmias section. There is a 50 question post-test based on the course material and lecture.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
– Contact hours are provided through AWHONN. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP00580. Eight (8) contact hours are provided for this course. Participants must attend the full day and take the competency exam to receive credit.
AWHONN’s Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Class
is a prerequisite for attendance.
CLASS DATES -
November 30, 2016
COURSE SCHEDULE –
This is a one day course. Class begins promptly at 7:45 am and ends at 5:00 pm.
COURSE FEE(S) –
Registration fee is $90, plus the $90 for the book for a total of $180
TriCity Medical Center, 4002 Vista Way, Oceanside, CA 92056
Registration deadline is Wednsday, November 23, 2016. Enrollment is limited, so early registration is advised. The course organizer reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum enrollment is not met and will provide a full refund.
– A refund (minus $15 processing fee) will be given if written or telephone cancellation is received within two weeks of the start of class. Refunds will not be given after the deadline above or for no-shows.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Contact Janet at 760-940-3100 or Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org.